Monday, March 2, 2009

Reading response - ( Lawn Boy )

Dear Mrs.K

I have finished reading a book called Lawn boy. It is about a 12 year boy who makes $500,000 buy mowing lawns and Stocks/Shares.

I have a lot of thoughts about this book. At the end of the book his dad faints after seeing how much money he has and his Grandma says something and it ends. What I don't get about this book is that the ending just leaves you thinking what would happen next, and there is no sequel so you wonder what he did next. In my opinion the author should have gavin a few more pages about what happens next. At the end the grandma says if you take care of your tools they will take care of you. This book ended really meaningful for a not that meaningful story. This book does relate to me because it did not remind me of any experiences, in my opinion this book was more Fiction than Non-Fiction. The only part that reminds me of something is that his parents are both very smart. My parents are very smart, my mom is a doctor and my dad is a traffic planner. That is the only connection I think I have with this book.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent summary of the book: short and sweet. Tell me more about the connection with your parents. That sounds interesting and would add strength to this response, Nafal. Please take time to read your work before you post it. There are some confusing sentences in here...

    ReplyDelete